Monday, December 28, 2015

Birthday Getaway: Day 4

It was our last in Koh Lipe. To be honest, I was devastated. I really had a piece of mind during my stay and now I had to go back to reality.

2015-11-13 10.54.11

Since we had until afternoon, we requested to extend one room and fortunately, the hotel staff was really nice and she extended the room for us with no charges! Lovely! Therefore, we could still walk around and then, took our shower after.

PB132224

We lazed by the beach after breakfast. The air, the breeze, the view and dogs around us.

2015-11-13 11.32.51

It was then we decided to walked to Walking Street, hailed a tuk-tuk and made our way to Aroy Mexicana for lunch. The owner was friendly and the food was great. He even asked us how we knew about his restaurant. As it became cloudy and windy by the time we were done, we were more than happy to walk back to our hotel to freshen up and pack our luggage.

2015-11-13 12.06.48

2015-11-13 12.07.24

While we were waiting for the immigration process, the boyfriend was contemplating to go to 7Eleven to buy a few of his favourite tom-yum cup noodles. Since we had a lot of time to kill, I told him to go ahead. He went and guess what? He came back with 5 that cup noodles and a cocnut ice-cream. Why 5 when it is his favourite? They left only 5 of that in the shelf. Otherwise, he would have gotten even more.

2015-11-13 14.32.58

It was already 8pm when we reached Langkawi. We had to go through another round of immigration before we could catch a cab to our hotel. Once we had checked-in our luggage, we headed straight to The Cliff without even taking a shower. Yes, we were really hungry. It was my very first time to see the boyfriend walking so fast ahead of me.

2015-11-13 23.58.30

While we were enjoying our food, the restaurant played a birthday song. I saw one of the waiters brought a cake to one of the tables. After a while, another birthday song was played. I thought it was another table so I was looking at one direction when a waitress brought a cake from another direction to me. It was surprise planned by the boyfriend. Now it all made sense – him, walking so fast. He had made an arrangement earlier and did not want to be late for it.

“I did not want your birthday this year to go without a cake” was what he said. Actually we were looking for cakes in Koh Lipe but to our avail. Therefore, he decided to make this arrangement when we were back in Langkawi.

Honestly, I am a very happy woman.

No comments: